1008-003 White Oak Watershed Final Report, 2011

(2011) 1008-003 White Oak Watershed Final Report, 2011. Agriculture and Land Stewardship

pdf
Preview
PDF
1008-003 White Oak Lake FINAL report compiled.pdf

File Size:2MB

Abstract

Whit Oak Lake was listed on the 2008 Section 303(d) List if impaired waters in four categories. The first phase of the project has already helped to affect approximately 60% of the watershed. There has been an estimated sediment reduction of 609 tons per year with phase one. The structure being planned for the South end of the lake, (phase two) will affect nearly all of the remaining 40%. If we can accomplish similar results, we can expect a sediment reduction of approximately 273 tons additional per year. We have been working with the Mahaska County NRCS office, Snyder & Associates (engineers) and private landowners in the watershed to make this project a reality.

Item Type: Departmental Report
Keywords: Watershed Improvement Review Board, WIRB, water quality, watershed, Mahaska County Conservation Board
Subjects: Natural resources and environment > Water resources > Water quality
Natural resources and environment > Water resources > Watersheds
ID Code: 21286
Deposited By: Jerome Neppel
Deposited On: 16 Feb 2016 12:59
Last Modified: 15 Jun 2017 14:16
URI: http://publications.iowa.gov/id/eprint/21286