Investigators at the Iowa Civil Rights Commission investigate
"harassing conduct" incidents by collecting information
from parties, witnesses, and records sufficient to resolve the
- Whether the alleged conduct occurred?
- Whether the conduct was unwelcome?
- Whether the conduct was "basis" related?
- Whether the conduct made complainant's work environment hostile,
abusive, or intimidating? Or [in sexual harassment cases] whether
the alleged harasser demanded sexual favors in return for tangible
- Who is liable for the conduct? Is respondent company liable
or is just the individual harasser liable?