Our Mission and Programs
The mission of the Iowa Civil Rights Commission is to eliminate
discrimination in Iowa.
- Investigating and resolving discrimination complaints
- Conducting a multifaceted public education program
- Testing entities covered by the law to determine the nature
and extent of discrimination in Iowa
- Helping communities build diversity appreciation teams to
identify and resolve diversity and discrimination issues locally
- Promoting the use of Study Circles (small discussion groups)
on racism and race relations.