Pieces of Iowa’s Past, April 17, 2013

(2013) Pieces of Iowa’s Past, April 17, 2013. Legislative Services Agency (Legislative Service Bureau)

pdf
Preview
PDF
TBJMA013.PDF

File Size:2MB

Abstract

Pieces of Iowa’s Past, published by the Iowa State Capitol Tour Guides weekly during the legislative session, features historical facts about Iowa, the Capitol, and the early workings of state government. All historical publications are reproduced here with the actual spelling, punctuation, and grammar retained THIS WEEK: Iowa State Capitol Structural Sandstone Origination From The Iowa Capitol Commissioners Reports Report of Capitol Architect A.H. Piquenard, submitted December 16, 1875 BACKGROUND: The Ste. Genevieve sandstone is the buff color stone on the exterior of the Capitol. The Carroll County sandstone was the light color or contrast stone on the Capitol exterior. The Carroll County stone did not wear well and was removed from the building during the exterior renovations in the 1980s and 1990s. Both sandstones are from Missouri.

Item Type: Departmental Report
Keywords: State Capital, Tour Guide Staff, Tours, History of Iowa, State Government
Subjects: History and culture
History and culture > History of Iowa
State government
ID Code: 15426
Deposited By: Margaret Barr
Deposited On: 02 Dec 2013 20:18
Last Modified: 02 Dec 2013 20:18
URI: http://publications.iowa.gov/id/eprint/15426